- Responsible for oversight of third party property managers including leasing activity, property positioning, rental rates, occupancy management, annual and quarterly budgeting, strategic asset planning, and capital projects; review and analyze budgets and cash flows and oversee adherence throughout the year.
- Responsible for implementation of acquisition strategic plan including property staffing, re-positioning and major renovation; track, analyze and re-forecast trends in financial performance of assets in relation to underwriting.
- Market, sub-market and competitive property analysis.
- Responsible for monitoring costs and completion status of property level renovation programs including apartment interior enhancements, clubhouse and common area upgrades and deferred maintenance improvement projects.
- Ongoing internal senior management reporting by asset and portfolio.
- External investor reporting including property and portfolio performance for quarterly and annual reports, special projects.
- Portfolio responsibilities reporting to Managing Director of Asset Management.
- Periodic property visits nationally as required.
- 2 plus years institutional real estate asset management experience specializing in market rate apartments with a solid understanding of operating results, valuations, investment returns, acquisition and development pro-formas
- Experience with unit renovations, common area enhancements and deferred maintenance contract oversight preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in finance, accounting or real estate preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles, real estate finance, Property Management and accounting software programs
- Highly proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Energetic, team player