- Review Regulatory Agreements, Loan documents, Rental Subsidy Contracts and affordability housing income and rent restrictions
- Audit tenant files to ensure compliance during the annual re-certification process as well as throughout the credit period as required and regulated under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Work closely with members of Housing Compliance, Asset Managers and the management companies to resolve potential issues of non-compliance as identified throughout the audit.
- Ensure that the audits are concluded prior to the scheduled Asset Management site visits.
- 1-3 years of experience in property management and/or asset management
- Possess some knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Section 8 programs as well as other affordable housing programs
- Prior involvement in the income certification process in the affordable housing market
- Keen sense of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (specifically Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to adjust and meet multiple deadlines, shift priorities and demonstrate flexibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and think “outside” of the box
- A certification in one or more of the following is helpful but not required: Housing Certified Credit Professional (HCCP), Spectrum C3P certification, Site Compliance Specialist (SCS) or National Compliance Professional (NCP)